Sometimes you want to offer discounts to your clients, maybe it’s holiday season, or you want to add discounts to groups, etc. TuriTop let’s you set up discounts in your created services to offer your clients a better bang for their buck.
Price variations are similar, maybe you have different prices for different seasons and you want to change set it up with TuriTop. Go to the Price Variation section of this article to know more.
Both discounts and price variations are alterations of the price you set up in the Tickets section of your service. Discounts serves to put a lower price on your tickets and price variations can serve to lower or increase prices.
For the time being price variations and discounts cannot be edited. You will need to delete and add new ones if you want to change them.
Decide which service you want to add a discount to and go to it from your admin panel: Services >>> Your service (P1, P2, P3, ...). Once there go to the section Pricing and Discounts
In the first field next to the word Add choose discount
The second choose between Percent off, different price per ticket (EUR) and different total price (EUR).
Next to it write the percentage or the amount you choose.
- Percent off reduces the price by the percentage you set up. This applies to each ticket selected
- Different price-per ticket changes the ticket price for each ticket.
- Different total price changes the total amount of purchase, regardless of number of tickets or price of tickets.
Choose the ticket type it will apply to. You can see a drop-down of all the tickets that you have created for this service, choose all ticket types to apply to all.
Fill in or not the optional fields. You may want to add more conditions, or it may be sufficient with the ones already filled (we have examples in the next section):
- Anticipation: If you want to add various discounts depending on the anticipation of the reservation here you can choose when the discount will be available. If you choose 1 week for example, the discount will apply to reservations that are made with more than 1 week in advance.
- Promo Code: The discount would only apply if the client writes the promo code you set up. Write in this field the word you want to set up as the code word. When you insert a promo code a field will appear in the widget for the client to enter the promo code. Once written the system will check the code and if it is the same, a green check-mark will appear and the discount will apply. Promo codes can be used infinitely, we haven't got support for one-use promo codes yet.
- Valid From and Valid To: Set up a time range when the discount will be valid. This range is for bookings not for event date. In that time frame if the client books anything the discount will apply, even if the event falls outside of that time range.
- Minimum/Maximum PAX: This is for group discounts. The discount will be applied when the number of tickets is equal or superior to the minimum PAX and equal or inferior to the maximum PAX. The discount will only apply if the tickets selected by the client are in the range you specify.
- The check-box that says Make it cumulative is there for times when you want to add a discount on top of another discount. Eg: You have a group discount at the same time you have a holiday sale.
Here you have a 25% discount in all ticket types, which will only apply if you book with at least 1 week in advance, with the promo code "Discount" and is only valid from the 27 February to the 6 March. There is no minimum or maximum limit to the no. of people and it isn't cumulative, so if there is another discount active it will not add with it and the one with the greater discount will apply.
Here you have a discount that changes the ticket Adult's price from 40 (default) to 20€, only if you select a minimum of 4 tickets and a maximum of 8. So if you select 4 you will charge 80€ instead of 160€:
Here you have a discount that changes the total price of purchase. If the client writes Valentine as the promo code the total amount to be paid will be 50 regardless of ticket selection:
Click on Create. You will see all your discounts above the creation window of the Prices and Discounts section. Click on the red X to delete.
Price variation is extremely useful if any time you have different prices by season or any other occasion. For example, in the summer your tickets are more expensive than in the rest of the year. Setting it up is easier than setting up a discount.
Go to your service from your admin panel: Services >>> Your service (P1, P2, P3, ...). Once there go to the section Pricing and Discounts.
Choose Add >>> Price Variation
You only have the option of different price per ticket (because that is what we do if we select price variation.) Add the amount each ticket will cost.
Select the ticket type you want to apply the price variation to or select apply to all ticket types.
Select the time frame that this price variation will be applied to. Choose the date where it begins and the date where it ends.
You will see your price variations above in a blue color. Click on the red X to delete.
Now your discounts and price variations are set up and your clients can benefit from them!