Google Analytics is a web analytics service that Google offers for free. The american company let's you track and analyze data about your website and let's you know the ins and outs of the online traffic of your web.
Having said that we at TuriTop have a Google Analytics integration so that you can see how your sales are going. Whether you only want to track the data of your sales, or use it for an ad campaign using Google Adwords, here we explain how to set integrate Google Analytics with TurTop.
To activate Google Analytics (GA):
- Make sure the TuriTop's line of code placed at the bottom of all your pages has the parameter data-ga="yes"
- Find you user id for Google Analytics. It looks like this UA-XXXXXXXX-Y, you can find it in your GA admin panel. You can find it inside your own GA tracking code, or you can log into your GA account, click on the top “admin” tab, in the “property” area click on “tracking info" and then “User-ID”.
- Add your GA user id in TuriTop. Log in TuriTop admin panel and click on the tab “Company”, click on “Integrations” and add your GA User-ID.
- Enable Ecommerce in GA. After Log in the GA panel, click at the top on the “admin” tab and you will see thre columns: “ACCOUNT”, “PROPERTY”, “VIEW”. On the third column “VIEW” click on “Ecommerce Settings” and switch status to “ON”.
- Add TuriTop's domain (app.turitop.com) as well as your payment gateway domain (e.g. paypal.com) to the exclusion list in GA. “in the admin” tab of your GA panel go to the “PROPERTY” column, click on “Tracking info” and then on "Referral Exclusion List". The purpose of the exclusion list is to tell google that when the visitor goes to that domain and comes back, it shall not be counted as a new visit.
- Remove any existing tracking code for GA in your website and substitute it for this one (change UA-XXXXXX-Y' with your own GA user id). Remember that according to Google, the GA code must be placed just before the </head> tag off all your pages.
Now you are ready to use Analytics with TuriTop