Step 1: Go to ''Pricing and Discounts''
Decide which service you want to add a discount to and go to it from your admin panel: Services >>> Your service (P1, P2, P3, ...). Once there go to the section ''Pricing and Discounts''.
Step 2: Choose discount, agent/reseller, and gift voucher
- In the first field next to the word Add choose discount.
- Select if you'd like to apply this discount to an agent, reseller, or both.
- Select an agent that when redeeming the code, the booking will be assigned to that agent. This can be used also in Global promo codes.
- If you'd like the discount to apply to the Gift Voucher, select Yes.
Keep in mind: the elements explained above are mandatory, so you need to define these options before proceeding.
Step 3: Specify the percentage
The second choice between Percent off, the different price per ticket (EUR), and different total price (EUR). Next to it write the percentage or the amount you choose.
- Percent-off reduces the price by the percentage you set up. This applies to each ticket selected
- Different price-per ticket changes the ticket price for each ticket.
- Different total price changes the total amount of purchase, regardless of the number of tickets or of tickets.
- Subtract from total price deducts the defined percentage from the sales final total.
Step 4: Choose the ticket the discount will apply to
Choose the ticket type it will apply to. You can see a drop-down of all the tickets that you have created for this service, choose all ticket types to apply to all.
Step 5: Fill in the optional fields
Fill in or not the optional fields. You may want to add more conditions, or it may be sufficient with the ones already filled (we have examples in the next section):
- Anticipation: If you want to add various discounts depending on the anticipation of the reservation here you can choose when the discount will be available. If you choose 1 week for example, the discount will apply to reservations that are made with more than 1 week in advance.
- Promo Code: The discount would only apply if the client writes the promo code you set up. Write in this field the word you want to set up as the code word. When you insert a promo code a field will appear in the widget for the client to enter the promo code. Once written the system will check the code and if it is the same, a green check-mark will appear and the discount will apply. More info below.
- Valid From and Valid To: Set up a time range when the discount will be valid. This range is for the event date. That means that the discount will only apply to events that are within that period of time.
- Minimum/Maximum PAX: This is for group discounts. The discount will be applied when the number of tickets is equal or superior to the minimum PAX and equal or inferior to the maximum PAX. The discount will only apply if the tickets selected by the client are in the range you specify.
- The check-box that says Make it cumulative is there for times when you want to add a discount on top of another discount. E.g: You have a group discount at the same time you have a holiday sale. The check-box that says Apply to deposit only, will only apply the setup discount to the deposit, not to the total amount.
You can choose a one-time use promo code. To do this, enter a promo code and indicate 1 which stands for one use only:
Keep in mind: you may configure that your promo code to have several uses. Instead of 1, you may enter any number of uses.
This option allows you to randomly generate promotional codes. To configure them, checkmark the "Multiple" option.
Repeat: here you'll define how many promo codes will be generated (1.000 max).
Prefix: if you enter a prefix, all your codes will be generated alongside this prefix.
Let's see an example. If I'd like to generate 15 codes with the "promo" prefix that only can be redeemable Wednesdays and Fridays, it should look like this:
After we click the "Create" button, you'll just have generated these multiple codes:
Keep in mind: you may copy your codes to the clipboard if you need to have them backed up.
Use a personalized anticipation range or select from the default 1-180 day period:
Time period variations
Single purchase date
You can choose if the discount will be applied only to any certain given date. This is quite useful if you'd like to offer a "Black Friday" type of discount for a single date. Click on Apply in >>> Single purchase date:
Purchase date range
If on the contrary, you'd like to offer a range of purchase for a discount, select Apply in >>> Purchase date range:
Here you can configure to apply discounts always or by a time period. If you'd like to configure the latter, you may choose a date range of date and time:
This option allows you to choose between a single event:
or an hour range:
Choosing from any weekday combinations. Choose between the system's predefined or build your own.
With this option you could exclude certain time periods in with you won't have your discounts applied.
Please sign in to leave a comment.